Salary slots

Subject: Salary slots
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:36:55 EDT

I'm a hiring manager, and with a less-then-booming economy you won't be
surprised to hear that I have a budget and salary slots I have to manage.
It's like having a fantasy-league sports team with a salary cap. I am hiring
right now, and there are people applying who have far more skills and
experience than I require for the position available. They also have made,
and naturally ask for, far more than I can pay them. They won't do
entry-level work, and I won't pay them top dollar. No harm, no foul. An
honest answer to the salary question saves everyone time and disappointment.
I wish them luck.

By the way, on another matter, it's time to move on past Bill Clinton. We
have a new occupant of the White House now. You had best pay attention to
what *he's* saying.

Humph.

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager (Typo? What tpyo?)
Lightbridge, Inc., 67 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com -dot- nospam 781.359.4902 [voice]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://hometown.aol.com/SteveFJong