RE: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: New Poll Question
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:33:12 -0400

These techwriting polls, as far as I can tell, are entertainment. I don't
believe they even claim to be scientific. It's nice that we can debate the
shortcomings of these polls. For example, the latest poll does not provide
very many selections. Indeed, as tech writers, I'm sure we all deserve one
individual answer for each of us. Me, I'm not bothering with this poll. My
view of technical writing is that it helps me keep my family clothed, go on
a cruise, and buy a Subaru WRX. Of course, I'm not the Mercedes sort . . ..
If I could do all of that and not be bound to a techwriting job, say like
some royal personage, then I'd be a king or something.

Ever go to an interview and have them ask "so, tell me about yourself" and
"why are you leaving your present employer" and "why do you want to work for
us"? Well, those questions, too, are for entertainment, like this poll.

So, I recommend you enjoy picking out the poll answer that gives you the
most entertainment value and not worry too much about the implications of
it.

Cheers,

Sean<Br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at