RE: Benchmarking Technical Documentation

Subject: RE: Benchmarking Technical Documentation
From: "Tom Johnson" <johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:00:02 -0400

Well, those things may not cloud the credibility of a doc, but they will
certainly create an impression of the quality of the doc. What effect do
typos, bad grammer and the like have on the overall impression of product
quality. Most of us aren't here to sell manuals to consumers, we are here to
make our primary products more appealing and usable. In my opinion, the
little things do matter and they are worth taking care of. Why give the
customer a reason to "vote" against your product.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
Elk Rapids Engineering/Star Cutter Company

231-264-5661 voice
231-264-5663 fax

Work johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
Personal thomasj -at- freeway -dot- net

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at