RE: a good grammar test

Subject: RE: a good grammar test
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:51:45 -0700

Depending on the company, a current employee might look at this with
skepticism. Given that there are only five, I'm sure you already have some
idea of thier abilities? Right?

As for certification, well. Does it give any value to you, them, or the
employer? Why not send them all to a university tech editing class? If my
boss said "here, take this test" I would wonder what the real reason behind
it was.

I've seen so much opposition to STC certification on this list that I have a
hard time understanding what value company certification gives to your
organization. Sorry to sound like such a critic, but I'd be freaked out if
this happened to me, and I'm not easily freaked-out. It sounds like the
linguistic equivalent of a drug-test.

Have you talked with them about this?

Richard Smith

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at