RE: techwr-l digest: July 24, 2001

Subject: RE: techwr-l digest: July 24, 2001
From: Sean MacRae <sean -at- rcp -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:29:54 +0100

Start with "what *really* irritates you about using the system"? This also
gives you the opportunity to be sympathetic and hence on their side.

Follow this up with "and did the manual help?"

If they didn't use the manual, ask "why not?".

Your main problem is likely to be how to cut off the initial flow of
gripes...

This response is too late for you, as I'm on digest also, but is my 0.02 UKP
worth for the list.

> Subject: If you could ask your users a question...
> From: marsha_howard -at- peoplesoft -dot- com
> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:49:58 -0700
>
> Tomorrow morning, I have a chance to visit a customer site.
> If you had this
> chance, what questions would you ask to get accurate
> feedback, so you could
> improve your doc?
>
> Details: It's implementation doc with an end-user flavor for
> a financials
> application.
>
> Please respond to me directly; I'm on the digest at the moment.
>
> Thanks!

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at