RE: A Different Single Sourcing Question...

Subject: RE: A Different Single Sourcing Question...
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:40:49 -0400

Depends:

If you are reusing half or more of your content, then single-sourcing is
probably worthwhile (you really have to figure the content reuse thing out
for yourself). If you use single-sourcing, you have to use a workflow that
adheres strictly to your templates and style guides. If you choose that
path, you can accomplish a single document that targets three versions of
your product using FrameMaker and FrameMaker's conditional text feature.

As for "master document," that is an MS Word feature with which I've had
little success. Maybe it's fixed for Word 2002?

HTH,

Sean<Br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com