RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Michele Marques" <marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:04:50 -0400

Megan Golding wrote:
> I've found that Open Source
> geeks tend to take jobs that allow them to merge their hobby and
> livelihood. An excellent model, to be sure, but not applicable to
> everyone.

I'm very interested in my company's product, but I don't think I would
follow the topic on more than a cursory level if I weren't working here.
Mostly, my interest is because I want to see our product in use in hospitals
where I or my family & friends might use. Our software and medication depots
is for hospitals and is geared towards reducing medication errors; since I
started working here it's been scary to read the literature in the field on
medication errors that occur!

The only sense that my work is my hobby is that I love working with
computers and gadgets. I have a hobby web site and newsletter; I sometimes
do work for Toronto Digital Eve (sometimes volunteer, sometimes paid).

Michele Marques, Technical Writer
AUTROS Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
marquesm -at- autros -dot- com <mailto:marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>

This material is intended for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that
is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering the material to the
intended recipient, you are notified that dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please contact the sender immediately via e-mail and destroy this message
accordingly.