RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "John Fleming" <johnf -at- ecn -dot- ab -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:09:13 -0600

> Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
> From: "Carol Anne T. Wall" <mmpc0014 -at- pclink -dot- com>
> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:13:15 -0500

> I work for an insurance company. How interested would YOU be in the
> following subjects, which are my primary projects?

Hmmmm. Let's see.

> agent compensation structures

Nothing quite like that in my bailiwick.

> modified endowment contract calculations and processing

Lots of stuff here, mostly to do with billing quality control, complex
billing, budget payment plans and the like.

> documenting what gets pulled from the mainframe to the web site
(field to
> field documentation)

Closest I get is describing how the billing system calculates budget
payment plan monthly amounts.

> That's about as exciting as it gets. I'd have to respond "* Not
at all
> interested in the subject".

Oddly enough, while you won't find me writing this kind of stuff in my
spare time (no comparable billing system at home), I do find the ins
and outs of our billing system fascinating.

--

John Fleming
Technical Writer