Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:57:59 -0600

> How interested are you, as a technical writer, in
> the subject that you document?
>
> * Very, and would follow the subject on my own
> * Somewhat, but would not follow it on my own
> * Not very, and take only a professional interest
> * Not at all interested in the subject
> * Other/none of the above

As usual, I am not represented by the options provided. How about:

Very, but would not follow it on my own

I love the work I do, I find it fascinating, and I learn something new
on a daily basis. I WANT to know how things work and why they
work the way they do. (I can't believe some people think they can
write good documentation without knowing the subject.) However, if
I didn't work for Campbell Scientific, I wouldn't seek to learn
everything about dataloggers just for the fun of it....

Dana W.