Screenshot graphics of oversize screens?

Subject: Screenshot graphics of oversize screens?
From: Jacquelyn_Hedden -at- scruggs -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:22:09 -0500

I'm under an unbelievably tight timeframe, so tight that I'm just getting
screenshots and (nonfunctional) screens from Development. The screens were
designed specifically for a client who demanded that they display at 1600 X
1200. There are so many fields on each screen (these are entry screens)
that for some screens, the user actually has to scroll down to get to the
next half of the screen to enter more information!

I'm working in Framemaker. The biggest problem I'm having is that these
screens are so wide that they fit outside the margins I've defined for my
text space. We're not delivering hardcopy, only PDF, so I've resorted to
capturing individual group boxes rather than screenshots wherever possible,
so that the graphics will have some semblance of online legibility.

I am still running into instances where I need to show entire screens, or
at least an area that spans the width of the screen. I haven't found a
method for handling this dilemma, and have never experienced this type of
screen real estate issue before.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions,
JKH

Jacquelyn K. Hedden
Documentation Lead, Scruggs Consulting
(940) 262 7087 (Voice)
(940) 465 1407 (Mobile)

This communication is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
or the entity to which it is addressed. It may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are neither the intended recipient, nor the employee, nor the agent
responsible for delivering the communication to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email,
delete the communication from any computer or other electronic storage
media, and destroy all other copies in your possession.