RE: WebWorks Publisher: Standard vs. Professional Version

Subject: RE: WebWorks Publisher: Standard vs. Professional Version
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 07:42:19 -0400

Hi Susan,

You should have been able to make a lot of these changes in WWP SE as well.
The logo and page layout elements are in the ASP pages in your project.
These are not "true" ASPs, but rather HTML templates containing basic page
layout and some WWP macros and building blocks. You can safely edit the HTML
portions of these pages to reflect the output you want. They are saved as
ASP pages for WWP processing.

The graphics macros should be somewhat editable in WWP SE. I haven't used
WWP (Pro or SE) in quite some time, but I think you can do some basic
editing to the macros to get what you want. The GIF and JPG macros convert
the images as they are in your anchored frames (basically they take a
picture of whatever is in that anchored frame and create a GIF or JPG of it,
as-is). If you are using GIFs or JPGs imported by reference in Frame,
consider using the "by reference" WWP graphics macros, as they will just
copy the source file from your working Frame project directory (not the
modified representation in Frame), drop it in your WWP Output\Images folder
and reference it in the output.

I'm not sure what is going on with relation to the TOC. You'd have to send
specifics on how your WWP project is structured and how the TOC and the
links to it are being constructed.

Upgrading to WWP Pro is a smart choice though. You'll gain a helluva lot
more control over your project and will be able to convert to more robust
formats if you choose to do so.

are over 650 people on the list who are constantly sharing info about their
projects and about the product. All the WWP "gurus" are there and post
frequently. The list is very on-topic, and response rate is excellent. It's
owned and moderated by users, so please don't treat it like support. :)

Good luck!

*****************
BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road
Framingham, Mass. 01701
T E L * 508-879-8400 x316
F A X * 508-879-8500
www.courion.com
THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
MEANT FOR THE INTENDED RECIPIENT ONLY. PLEASE
DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.