RE: Exported Visio drawing - quality problem - THANKS!

Subject: RE: Exported Visio drawing - quality problem - THANKS!
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:02:39 -0400

WMF didn't do it for you?

Chances are, it is being rasterized and generally messed with by filtering
through the clipboard.

> I also tried saving it as eps and importing it into Word. That looked
> screwed-up onscreen, but printed out well.

EPS is a vector format (okay, I know you can encapsulate rasters, too, but
let's leave that alone for now). As such, it does not display on screen
except with the help of a raster preview. However, EPS is a great format for
the vectors in your Visio illustration.

So, the question is, is your audience going to see this on-screen in MS
Word, or only after the file has been printed to paper or PDF. If the
audience is going to see this on-screen in MS Word, then EPS is a poor
choice. If the audience is going to see this only printed to paper or in
PDF, then you should not care at all what the display looks like on-screen
in Word. Don't confuse your preferences with the actual needs of the
audience.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com