Re: Getting what I'm worth

Subject: Re: Getting what I'm worth
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 06:33:38 -0700 (PDT)

> > month review is coming up in September. I want to have a strong
> > case for getting the figure I think I deserve. However, it
> > would mean a 13% increase. Is this a pipe dream?

I'm of the thought that you start justifying your rate increase the
day after you received your last rate. Putting together a
presentation telling them why you deserve the money isn't going to
mean much. However, spend the year or quarter working that the level
of the rate you want to be at and it becomes an extension of the
process.

If at this point, you haven't justified your new rate, then it is too
late now. You are paid for what you do...not what you WILL do.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I am a bomb disposal expert. If you see me running, try to keep up."

http://im.yahoo.com/