Re: international documentation; ATM = cashpoint?

Subject: Re: international documentation; ATM = cashpoint?
From: "Lois Patterson" <lois -at- dowco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:24:43 -0700

I'm in Canada, where I would typically say - I'm going to the bank machine
to get some cash.
I have acquaintances who do say ATM, but I can't think of any other terms,
other than the specific service (such as Interac).

However, this does remind me of an incident with my son, then age 3. I told
him we didn't have money to purchase a certain item. His response was -
"Can't you just get some money from the wall?"

Lois Patterson

news:<B9E30C30D946D311853B0008C7B18B3C038B1B66 -at- CBF00012 -dot- vitalps -dot- com>...