RE: Indexing...

Subject: RE: Indexing...
From: Anne -dot- Robotti -at- radisys -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:48:18 -0400

Uh, in Mike's defense, I don't think sentences like "People like you make
others don't want to be part of this group" are helping prove that you're
a native English speaker, and I wouldn't be surprised if that and similar
things were what Mike is referring to, and were the basis for his
assumption.

Plus you *still* haven't answered his question, which now also interests
me - did you put the index markers in your document or not before you
generated the index? It's such a simple yes or no question, and this is
about to be the third email in which you've avoided it.

I don't know Mike personally but I certainly have gained a lot from his
contributions to the group, and I think he made a pretty reasonable point
and you're jumping all over him.

Anne Robotti
Technical Writer
RadiSys Corporation
7 Clarke Drive, Cranbury NJ 08512
(609) 655-3111 x-326

"Khaleel Mohiuddin" <khaleel_mohiuddin -at- adc -dot- com>
Sent by: bounce-techwr-l-70580 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
08/20/2001 10:40 AM
Please respond to "Khaleel Mohiuddin"

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc:

Mike,

I must say, you are an awfully rude aussie! I realize that e-mail's are
impersonal, but I must say that I am thoroughly disgusted by your
attitude.
People like you make others don't want to be a part of this group, as Bill
Swallow mentioned in his email a few days ago.

I am in this group, so I can learn abit more than what I know from the
wisdom of others and also share what I know with people that know less
than
I do. I am not in here to be badgered by people like you. And for your
information...

English is my native language, and I have a degree in English,
specializing
in writing from a prestigious university here in the US. So, you may think
what you'd like, but I know what I know. If I were you, I wouldn't presume
to think that people with foreign names don't have English as their first
language.

My apologies to all the rest of you... Also, TO EVERYONE THAT RESPONDED,
THANKS!!!
-K