RE: what's the term for...

Subject: RE: what's the term for...
From: "Dugas, Andrew" <ADugas -at- eTranslate -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:09:21 -0700

On behalf of...

-----Original Message-----
From: Mandy Wells [mailto:mandyw -at- platespin -dot- com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 9:42 AM
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: what's the term for...

Morning All,
So I was talking with my ubermanager, who was signing my timesheet for
my manager, who wrecked his hamstring water-skiing this weekend (after
warning ME not to wreck myself on my scooter;) and as a result of the
signing, we both came to wonder, what is the way of indicating that you
are signing on behalf of someone else? C.O.--care of--isn't right, but
it might be something along those lines.

I couldn't even think of where to look something like that up, so if
anyone knows not only what the term is, but where to look up...and
there's another question--what's the generic name for terms like C.O.
and the term I'm looking for?...these crazy terms, I'd appreciate it. If
I know where to look, next time instead of coming to you for a fish, I
can catch my own.

Sometimes the problem with fishing is you can't even find the water,
Mandy