RE: New Member & Pagination question

Subject: RE: New Member & Pagination question
From: "Isley, Donna D - CNF" <Isley -dot- Donna -at- cnf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:29:42 -0700

You have my sympathy all the way around.

The way we do our manuals is to break out each subject within a section and
then within a chapter. If something is added, we generally don't need to
reprint more than 2-3 pages--not the whole chapter. For instance:

201-2 is identified by:

201 Chapter 2 (Hiring) and Section 01 (Recruitment)
-2 Subject 2 (Forecasting Personnel Requirements)

We duplex our pages also, and identify the changed pages by a new "revision"
date.

It's a very simple way to handle a very nasty problem.

Good luck.

Donna D. Isley
Publications Analyst
isley -dot- donna -at- cnf -dot- com