Frame relative paths

Subject: Frame relative paths
From: "Damien Braniff" <dbraniff -at- amphion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:42:22 +0100

A funny somebody may be able to help explain. Basically I have three folders (not at top level) called Master Docs, Released Docs and Working Docs.

Docs are created in the working docs folder (subfolder for each doc). Graphics specific to a doc are stored in a subfolder of the doc folder.
The Working Docs folder also contains a templates folder. Subfolders contain the images used in the four templates I have. Another subfolder holds shared images. Works fine.

I've just been updating my structure - competed doc folders are moved from Working to Master (PDFs go to released) and here's where the oddity occurs. Some of the moved docs open fine in FM. Others say they can't find images and ask where they are.

All graphics are imported by reference and I'd expect either all to work or all not to work. I assume I'm missing something simple but I can't see what it is - any ideas? I've checked the FM help and the Adobe site but no joy.

Damien Braniff
Technical Writer
Amphion Semiconductor Ltd.
50/51 Malone Road