Re: Respect

Subject: Re: Respect
From: "Michael West" <mike -dot- west -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:25:49 +1000

Eric wrote > >

John wrote:>
> Eric...gotta disagree with you. Writing much documentation involves
> running the application while they are being developed, doing the
> actions, performing actions that result in an outcome. EVERY DAY, as
> I'm writing about an application, I'm either finding errors or
> processes that don't work well. I convey these situations to product
> development and not always, but many times...more times than not,
> they are addressed.

I don't think there's really a disagreement here. John is not
just 'writing' -- he's finding errors, conveying them to someone,
and someone is fixing them. That's more than just writing,
and I think that's what Eric meant. John is not just writing--
he's actively participating in a larger process.

--
MW