RE: Respect

Subject: RE: Respect
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:24:09 +1000

Ahhhh. I forgot about the proliferation of PC peasants out here. Dougy,
Fujitsu STILL runs a MVS compat system... and we wont discuss where DEC
Alpha multi-processors competed etc. Yes yes yes, IBM had its serious
competitors. HDS (Hitachi Data Systems) built the m/frames I grew up on - at
the GIO in NSW Aus. And, to cut a long boring story short, there are others
STILL. IBM streamlined to CPU clusters, and gave up their storage etc devs.

Disbelief will give you nothing. Been there, done that.

Steve Hudson
Principal Technical Writer
Wright Technologies (Aus)
steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au
(612) 9518-1822
The best way to predict the future... is to create it!