RE: Lone Technical Writer

Subject: RE: Lone Technical Writer
From: Wade Courtney <wade -dot- courtney -at- nocpulse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:18:32 -0700

I have to agree with Diane. I sent a white paper out over a month ago and
STILL have not received the editorial comments from the CTO or the VP of
Eng. after countless reminder emails.

While there ARE a lot of people around here to read my docs, the difficulty
I find is find people who are WILLING to spend the time it takes.

One idea I have been toying with is starting a Documentation Review Team.
Find just one person in each relevant department, the person should have a
clear understanding of what is required of them i.e. review schedule. There
should also be a commitment from the individual to do this for you.

For instance my team would be one person from each of these departments:

Engineering (actually two people one for the front end and one for the
backend)
Operations
Prof. Services
Marketing.