Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:34:24 -0700

didjit *** wrote:

Would you all venture to say that if we are all supplying HTML as the source it is the quality of the HTML source that I deliver that needs to be accurate, and this does not have anything to do with the editor that is used?

Unfortunately, no. As much as I sympathize with your desire to avoid Microsoft products, many HTML editors add their own little contributions to the code. The result can be very erratic, especially once a file has been opened and saved in several different editors. So, there is a sound reason for standardizing.

However, that said, there are a few editors such as Bluefish that deliver completely clean code, and don't add anything on their own initiatives. If you can find such an editor, you might be able to use it(although these days, I wonder if clean code would be problematic in some browsers).

"We thought that Brody's cat would save us from our plight,
She buried that old haggis where she does her jobs at night,
But early the next morning came a knocking at the door,
The pudding sat a-panting - the cat was seen no more."
-The Mollys,"The Haggis"

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: