Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: Re: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:56:07 -0600

Tracy said:
> I would go ahead and code in notepad or =
> whatever, and then copy and paste your entire document into the other =
> software when you're finished. That way, you get to work in your tool, =
> they get to have the finished product in their tool, and everyone is =
> happy.

I know you mean well, but this may not always work. For example, when I
work in Dreamweaver, I'm working with objects, not just writing and
tagging text. There's some slick functionality going on that goes far
beyond just knowing your HTML tags. Likewise with That Other Program,
although admittedly not as slick (IMO).

I guess if all you're doing is writing text (and not really participating
in the design and management of the site), that method MIGHT work, but I
really think you'd be showing yourself to be a tool snob. And many people
(myself included) find tool snobs very annoying, even if I like the tool
they're advocating.

What's next? A decal for your car window, showing Calvin peeing on the
logo of the tool you dilike?

-Keith "pick a tool, any tool" Cronin