Word 2000 to PDF problems

Subject: Word 2000 to PDF problems
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:31:56 -0400

I just KNOW this has been discussed recently, and I didn't save any of the messages, and I checked the TW archive and couldn't find anything.

I am using Word 2000 and Acrobat 5.0, and when I try to create a PDF using the Adobe toolbar on Word, the job fails.

If I use File | Print to the Acrobat Distiller printer (without checking Print to file), I get a nice little PDF with no bookmarks (I want bookmarks).

If I check Print to file, I get the Save dialog asking for *.prn instead of *.ps. Outside of FrameMaker I've never saved a Postscript file before -- how do you do it in Word??

Can anyone drop some short 'n' dirty tips on creating PDFs from Word 2000 docs? I am just out of practice here...

Thanks in advance,

Karen Black, old, stale technical writer
www.dhltd.com

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: