Re: Issues with Adobe Acrobat and PDFs? (take II)

Subject: Re: Issues with Adobe Acrobat and PDFs? (take II)
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:13:19 -0700

Geoff said: True enough; if the company doesn't consider quality
documentation a
priority, then they're not going to give us the time we need to produce it.

In my experience, it isn't really that the company doesn't value the docs,
it is a matter of getting to market. The developers and others are under the
same time crunches we are, maybe worse. Everyone in the company involved
with product development is leaned on to do more faster. The first one to
market wins.

BTW - Nat Geo a month or 2 back published an article about Comdex. A product
manager (as I recall) was quoted as saying your product has about 7 weeks to
do what it will do before another product hits the market that does what you
do, except probably better. 7 weeks. You can value docs all you want but if
the window to get market notice and sell is 7 weeks, well...

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org