RE: Question for Contract Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Question for Contract Tech Writers
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <SGallagher -at- akonix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:20:01 -0700

Patty said:
> I'm just not sure that we can realistically expect
> a freelancer to commit to us in this way when we
> can't offer them anything tangible or financially/
> legally binding in return.

May I suggest you find a technical writing company
rather than an individual to fill your needs. Companies
exist that employ multiple tech writers full-time. They
can easily handle the type of workload you describe and
should eliminate the problem of an individual being too
busy to serve your needs when you want them. You may
have to pay a little more. I think that comes under the
heading of having your cake... ;-)

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- akonix -dot- com