Re: What if they can't spell?

Subject: Re: What if they can't spell?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:31:15 -0700 (PDT)

And if you posted something to me off-list, I'd probably ask you if
it was OK to quote it to public before doing so.

Not just a little defensive? 2 lines of comment in private resulting
in 20+ lines in public.

"The Lady doth protest too much mee thinks."
- Hamlet

> > We believe a traditional index, whether it replaces a search
> > engine or simply offers an alternative, always adds value to
> > the web site or help system in question.
>
> ...and the accompanying "sig" lines, John Posada wrote (off-list):
> >
> > We're not biased, are we? I'm all for self-promotion, but in
> > light of the list rules, this was a little blantant...no?
>
> Over the three years that HTML Indexer has been available--and for
> several months while we developed it, for that matter--I've
> exchanged perhaps hundreds of messages with dozens of people about
> the relative merits of traditional indexes (including help-system
> Index tabs) vs. site-specific (or help system) search engines.
>
> Many of these messages have appeared on Techwr-L, Index-L,
> Winhlp-L, JavaHelp-Interest, Windmail, Chi-Web, STCiSIG-L,
> Indexing-Technical-Documents, and e-Publishers. (I'm probably
> forgetting some lists, at that.)

<...snip>

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I am a bomb disposal expert. If you see me running, try to keep up."

http://im.yahoo.com