RE: Creating PFD from Word2K

Subject: RE: Creating PFD from Word2K
From: Gavin Ireland <gavin -dot- ireland -at- sharpowl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:37:00 +0100

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Creating PFD from Word2K
From: skwpt <skwpt -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 07:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

Kelly,
Acrobat's PDFWriter driver is the correct one to use in this situation. I'm
not sure of exactly what you've already tried, but when you save as PDF,
Acrobat automatically distils the print file for you. If the distiller is
finding errors that could be why your TOC links aren't working (is your TOC
auto-generated or self written?). I've never come across the problem with
the graphics, but have you considered either saving the graphic as a JPEG
(for example) then bringing it into Word, or saving the PowerPoint graphic
as PDF direct from PowerPoint and adding it to the Word/PDF document?
Please feel free to mail me direct if you need more help, then we can
publish the results for all to see.

Gav Ireland MISTC
Technical Author

Email: gavin -dot- ireland -at- sharpowl -dot- com
Web: http://www.sharpowl.com