RE: collecting unemployment

Subject: RE: collecting unemployment
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:30:24 -0400

Not true---Check your state's unemployment compensation rules. I worked
1099 and got unemployment in Maryland, and in Virginia (both about 6-8 years
ago). However, I didn't get it on a regular basis. I dare say it varies
significantly. In those states your bi-weekly check is based on whether you
worked, and looked for work, not what kind of tax form you fill out.

Connie Giordano