re: Software Info

Subject: re: Software Info
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <SGallagher -at- akonix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:27:52 -0700

Tara,

In this case, I'm not sure that FM is the answer you're looking for,
but it depends on what you really want to do.

If you want to print a booklet in-house, there is software that will
shrink pages of a doc down to half size and shuffle them so that you
can assemble booklets from full sheets of paper. They're persnikety,
IIRC, and they generally only work with one input format. Many work
with Word. It's been several years since I've done such research.

If you want to do short runs at a docutech print house, you have a
lot more options, as you can format the page to the desired size in
any WP or DTP, send it to the print house, and they'll print/trim/bind
to your specs.

Then there's offset printing of hundreds or thousands of copies, but
your setup would be similar to docutech.

And Frame does have a demo -- or so I've been told. But it's crippled
so you cannot save anything. Okay, I suppose, as long as you have lots
of memory and never need to reboot. <g>

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- akonix -dot- com