Ratio - Development to Documentation Hours

Subject: Ratio - Development to Documentation Hours
From: kris -dot- seguette -at- convergys -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:08:57 -0500

Hi,

I've been asked to look for information regarding estimating documentation
(user guides, training manuals and materials) time according to system
development time. My reaction is that it doesn't make sense, but I don't
want to tell the "powers that be" that without checking. I've searched the
Internet and the archives, but haven't found anything that is a direct
ratio between the two. The closest I've come is percent of total budget.
Has anyone heard of this method?

Thanks,

Kris Seguette

--

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or