OT: WTC Pentagon America attack

Subject: OT: WTC Pentagon America attack
From: "Hannah Bissell" <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:53:09 -0400

I hope and pray each person on this list is well and their friends and
family are safe as this continues. All of America is in my thoughts and
prayers. This wasn't just an attack on us; it was an attack on everything we
stand for, everything we fight for, everything we are. As I heard an Israeli
official say, this was an attack on civilization.

As I sit and watch the television and the reports come in, I think of
friends and family who were close to disaster. Living and working near the
Pentagon and having family and friends not just in NY, but even in the WTC,
I think of how close they were and how many others didn't make it. Maybe now
is a good time to contact them, reach out, and just let them know you care.
Even though most know it, it makes a difference both to them, and us.
Sometimes we forget to do that and then we no longer get the chance.

Thank you to all who have been out there, helping others, supporting others,
and saving lives. Thousands of doctors, nurses, firefighters, emergency
professionals, police, volunteers, and officials have thrown themselves into
danger to help their fellow American. While disaster may be horrific, it
shows the true American spirit that is dauntless in the face of adversity.
Also, thank you to all across the country who have given time, resources,
and blood to help the victims and their families. Your donations mean their
lives and it is not unappreciated.

Care to all,

Hannah Bissell
SI - ECC Technical Writer