WTC implications low for TWs

Subject: WTC implications low for TWs
From: CC <texchanchan -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 06:40:23 -0700 (PDT)

I document billing software, and no matter what goes
on, short of extinction of the entire human species,
companies will continue to bill their customers.

There are very few real consequences I can think of
for the tech writing industry from the disaster. Some
observations:

Online usage spiked, and probably there was, or will
shortly be, a surge in new signups for online
services.

The net was slow yesterday morning, but never down.

If the disaster panics the financial world and
triggers a recession, we can expect more and worse
difficulty in finding work.

Lots of people of Middle Eastern extraction work in
high-tech. They may have trouble from prejudiced,
vengeful idiots. Those of us from other backgrounds
may need to stand up for our perfectly innocent
co-workers who may happen to share an ethnic
background with suspected terrorists. As a Southerner
and a Texan I know what it is like to have people
think my entire region is represented by some backward
killer.

C. Crowley

http://im.yahoo.com