RE: Using a Help Tool for Single Sourcing

Subject: RE: Using a Help Tool for Single Sourcing
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:32:34 -0600

FrameMaker and Mif2Go. Couldn't be happier. (We also have one seat of
WWP. I could live with that, too.)

Glenn Maxey
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com

I've used ForeHelp and RoboHelp in the past. For the WinHelp projects,
they offered me only marginal gains over what I could do on my own.

I didn't like their early dependency on Word. (Is this blue screen of
death caused by their product or Microsoft?) Later when they implemented
their own proprietary databases, well... when their tool wasn't quite
full featured or friendly, there I was in their proprietary format.

FrameMake was focused on larger documentation projects. It does it well.
It was designed to be cross-platform. It was full-featured. Adobe was
responsive to our complaints.

Then the WWP and Mif2Go feature explore FM's SDK and give us something
closer to what we've been requesting of the others all along.