Re: How many worthless stock options do you have?

Subject: Re: How many worthless stock options do you have?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:10:29 -0700

Brandi Fox wrote:

I'm closing in on 22,000, and I am still flabbergasted at a few offers I've
gotten lately where that is still being considered a substantial portion of
your compensation package.

Believe it or not, my most recent client tried to tell (and I quote exactly), "Equity is where it's at these days"

(It reminds me of the web guy at one company who didn't want to be called a webmaster because the term "was so 1996.")

The last time I was even vaguely fashionable was when something by the Pogues hit the bottom of the top 100 music charts. I got so scared that I would have thrown away all the group's CDs - only *that* would have been being fashion conscious, too.

I told him I'd take 25% more per hour, and let him keep the stock options.

"Waiting for the ferry, tickets in their hand
Good people that were never out of sight of land
Waiting for the ferry, tickets in their hand
Good people that you knew would never understand."
-OysterBand, "Not Like Jordan"

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: