Unusual resumes

Subject: Unusual resumes
From: "Writer Whirler" <a_whirler -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:04:27 -0500

I have been asked to evalute some tech writer resumes forwarded for a contract position open in another department. Most contain the usual information: company name, dates of employment, etc. But a few, all from the same agency, do not contain any specific company names or employment history. Rather, they say something like, "Software manuals, Major National Bank" and "Internet developement, Major Human Resources Firm". This information is followed by a description of the tasks performed. There is no sense about how long these candidates worked for those firms or who the firms are. My first impulse upon seeing these resumes was to reject them. Why in the world would you want to hide this information? And how much time would need to be spent in the interview just finding out who the candidate worked for and for how long?

Has anyone else ever encountered these types of resumes? What is the advantage in presenting someone's work history in this fashion? Or am I just out of touch with current trends?

Thanks.

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: