RE: Release Notes

Subject: RE: Release Notes
From: Wade Courtney <wade -dot- courtney -at- nocpulse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:17:34 -0700

Gavin,

I hate to say this but your PM is off his/her rocker. Release notes are to
tell your customer about bug fixes, new feature that are NEW to the release
and also for information on know bugs (caveats) that may prevent your
customers from performing certain tasks. Here is what I cover in each set
of release notes that I write.

"These release notes support version XXX of NOCpulse Command
Center. They are updated as needed and include the following information:
Introduction
New Features
Minor Enhancements and Bug Fixes
Caveats and Known Issues
Service and Support
System Requirements
This is a maintenance and upgrade release of NOCpulse Command Center. A
summary of features and detailed functional procedures can be found in the
online user guide in the Help Center."

Wade