RE: Dallas-Fort Worth Area

Subject: RE: Dallas-Fort Worth Area
From: Valerie Priester <hammerl -at- buffalo -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:05:05 -0400

Without taking the time to actively check each chapter, does anyone else
have a local chapter whose web page doesn't work? I wouldn't know if
there's a job posting link because the site doesn't seem to exist. Becoming
a STC member is something I've put off for a while now, but there's no
functional local chapter page. (I'm in region 1, under Niagara Frontier.)
To be honest, I don't know if there's a functional chapter at this point.
I only confess to knowing one other tech writer in the Buffalo area, and
he's a former student employee of mine! I thought a little local networking
might be a good thing, because I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm on an
island, but there doesn't seem to be much going on, insofar as I can tell.

Speaking of islands, am I the only person on this list working for a
college or university writing end-user documentation? I know I have
colleagues out there somewhere, but sometimes I feel like everyone else is
in private industry and I'm the ugly duckling who doesn't quite fit in,
although I seem to have many of the same issues. If anyone else does this,
can you contact me off-list to compare how things are done? Thanks.

--On Monday, September 24, 2001, 12:32 PM -0700 Steve Arrants