RE: Online documentation saves trees? Not!

Subject: RE: Online documentation saves trees? Not!
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:57:02 +1000

Hummm. I have made a concerted effort to reduce paper usage here and until
the intranet is up this is a bit limited. However, the MAIN culprit is
meetings. Unless one has a large VDU etc in the conference room, one always
sees everyone turning up with printed handouts - from agendas to task lists.

As writers we work wherever possible on screen. A few of the softies prefer
to review in hardcopy, so we deliver it in that format. They form the only
hard-copies in my audit trail.

Mailing list messages are either deleted, or auto-archived to a holding pen
for me to pluck the gems out of into a third mail db. A % of this then
slowly makes it way into my book :-)

Steve Hudson
Principal Technical Writer
Wright Technologies (Aus)
steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au
(612) 9518-1822
The best way to predict the future... is to create it!