Re: Developing Charter for Documentation Dept.

Subject: Re: Developing Charter for Documentation Dept.
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure that the following blub is a "charter,"
but it represents the mission of technical
documentation as I see it for my employer:

"Technical communication professionals help customers
and employees solve learning, knowledge management,
and human performance challenges through the creation
and delivery of accurate information. They do so by
applying technical communication research, adapting
successful information models, exploring and
implementing innovative technology, and leveraging
their professional experience."

Hope this helps.

Steven Brown
Senior Technical Writer