RE: ROBOHELP LIMITATIONS?

Subject: RE: ROBOHELP LIMITATIONS?
From: Mitch Gibbs <mgibbs -at- digitalimpact -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:56:24 -0700

Suzanne,

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but I can answer two of the
possibilities...

Possibility 1--You want to link to a subtopic within a single HTML file:

You can put a bookmark at the subtopic (Insert > Bookmark). The bookmark
will then show up in the topics view (RoboHelp's right-hand pane), and you
can drag it into the TOC composer.

Possibility 2--You want to create sublevels in your TOC, so users appear to
see topics within topics:

You can nest books (and topics, of course) within other books. Just create a
book in the TOC, and then use the arrow keys on RoboHelp's project toolbar
to move it and nest it. (The right arrow will nest the book within the book
that immediately precedes it).

You can also link a book directly to a topic--so that's a workaround that
would allow you to nest topics within other topics. You can even change the
graphic for the book so that it looks like a topic. All of these features
are available when you right-click on a book in the TOC and select
Properties.

Mitch
Mitchell Gibbs

Senior Technical Writer
Digital Impact, Inc.
mgibbs -at- digitalimpact -dot- com <mailto:mgibbs -at- digitalimpact -dot- com>
http://www.digitalimpact.com/