PDF Not Downloading for Some Users?

Subject: PDF Not Downloading for Some Users?
From: Megan Golding <mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 01 Oct 2001 10:21:57 -0400

Our corporate website is home to a number of PDF files created by
various users and in one case, an external corporation. At the desktop
level, all PDF files open properly and all is good. A problem appears,
however, when we place PDF's on our website.

Some users, have reported that the PDF's won't open for them from our
web site. The symptom seems to be that when a user clicks on a PDF link,
nothing happens. We've heard this complaint from multiple people, so we
know it's not just one machine acting up.

Does anyone on the list have any ideas as to why some users will have
trouble with some PDF files on our web site? As yet, we're not able to
duplicate the problem in-house.

--

Megan Golding (mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net)
SecureWorks, Inc.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of,
but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
-- Robert Heinlein

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/