RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 12:12:04 -0400

At 04:21 PM 01/10/2001 +0100, Jane Carnall wrote:

Judging by results so far, at least 2/3rds of us *do* write outside our
regular job.

Follow-up question: if you do, do you tell your employers that you do? (I
mention it on my CV as one of my "hobbies", but go into as little detail as
possible, after an interview years ago in which the interviewer concluded
that I wouldn't be sufficiently dedicated to my day job, so to speak.)

I do if they ask. So far only about a third have asked. But since what I write is fiction, or things like annual reports and grant applications for non-profit community organizations, no one has complained.

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.creativeimplementations.com
mailto:winday -at- creativeimplementations -dot- com

October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information, online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/