Re: Re[2]: Fuzzy images - Vent

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Fuzzy images - Vent
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

> Ugh! John, tell me I'm misunderstanding your point: it sounds
> to me like you're suggesting we all sink to the level of the
> "average" writer--i.e., since the "average" writer is content
> to put out docs with blurry, illegible screenshots and doesn't know

I reject your premise. The average PDF is not blurry and it is not
illegible and the average user is not producing crap.

PDFs only has those qualities when either the configuration is wrong
(not tweaked, but less than default), the user has messed with
settings they know nothing about, the maaterial they are PDFing is
crap to begin with (GIGO) or it is being applied in a situation where
it wasn't designed.

Yes...some people, including some on this list, can make a PDF sing.
However, for the most part, the average PDF is clear, legible, and
totaly acceptable to main-stream users. If it isn't, it is not the
fault of the PDF.

In addition, the average user is not posting 20 messages a day into
these lists or reading 100 message or more...he or she is happily
making PDFs and we'll never hear from them here. This list does not
attract average users. It attacts users who are looking to get a
little more from their stuff, and therefore, more prone to change
settings in the first place.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://phone.yahoo.com