RE: Style Comparison

Subject: RE: Style Comparison
From: "Steve Hudson" <steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:10:07 +1000

Indeed we were just discussing that the other day onlist

I used these two macros to generate my output to the list. Do this for each
set of styles and then use Compare Documents to generate the list of
diffs...

Of course you will have to edit the content of GimmeStyleNames but that
should be a doddle

Sub StyleLister()
Dim StyleCounter As Integer, k As Integer
Dim InDoc As Word.Document, OutDoc As Word.Document
Dim s As Word.Style
Dim myStyles() As String
Dim Flag As Boolean

GimmeStyleNames myStyles()
Set InDoc = ActiveDocument
Set OutDoc = Documents.Add
InDoc.Select
With OutDoc.Range
'changing stylesets (internal) clipped
For StyleCounter = 1 To InDoc.Styles.Count
Set s = InDoc.Styles(StyleCounter)
Flag = False
For k = 1 To UBound(myStyles) 'my style or built-in?
If s.NameLocal = myStyles(k) Then
Flag = True
Exit For
End If
Next
If Flag Then
.InsertAfter s.NameLocal & vbTab & s.Description
.InsertParagraphAfter
End If
Next
End With
End Sub

Sub GimmeStyleNames(AnArray() As String)
ReDim AnArray(46) As String

AnArray(1) = "Normal"
AnArray(2) = "Default Paragraph Font"
AnArray(3) = "Body Text"
AnArray(4) = "Body Text C"
AnArray(5) = "Body Text R"
AnArray(6) = "Code"
AnArray(7) = "Copyright"
AnArray(8) = "Emphasis"
AnArray(9) = "FollowedHyperlink"
AnArray(10) = "Footer"
AnArray(11) = "Glossary"
AnArray(12) = "Header"
AnArray(13) = "Heading 1"
AnArray(14) = "Heading 2"
AnArray(15) = "Heading 3"
AnArray(16) = "Heading 4"
AnArray(17) = "Heading 5"
AnArray(18) = "Heading 6"
AnArray(19) = "Heading 7"
AnArray(20) = "Heading 8"
AnArray(21) = "Heading 9"
AnArray(22) = "Heading 1 No TOC"
AnArray(23) = "Heading 2 No TOC"
AnArray(24) = "Heading-table-centred"
AnArray(25) = "Heading-table-left"
AnArray(26) = "Heading-table-right"
AnArray(27) = "Hyperlink"
AnArray(28) = "Input"
AnArray(29) = "KeyPress"
AnArray(30) = "List Bullet"
AnArray(31) = "List Number"
AnArray(32) = "List Number Outline"
AnArray(33) = "Output"
AnArray(34) = "Page Number"
AnArray(35) = "Subtitle"
AnArray(36) = "Terminal Screen"
AnArray(37) = "TextBox"
AnArray(38) = "TextBox C"
AnArray(39) = "TextBox R"
AnArray(40) = "Title"
AnArray(41) = "TOC 1"
AnArray(42) = "TOC 2"
AnArray(43) = "TOC 3"
AnArray(44) = "TOC 4"
AnArray(45) = "Version"
AnArray(46) = "Generic"
End Sub

Steve Hudson
Principal Technical Writer
Wright Technologies (Aus)
steve -at- wright -dot- com -dot- au
(612) 9518-1822
The best way to predict the future... is to create it!