Documenting SDK's

Subject: Documenting SDK's
From: Diane Evans <DianeE -at- LOCKSTREAM -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 07:34:24 -0700

Thanks for the information that all of you gave me. It appears to boil down
to this (correct me if I am wrong):

- There is no standard way to document an SDK.
- There are no books explaining how to document an SDK.
- Only one firm, www.gordonandgordon.com, has tackled the training issue.
Their book is a compilation of PowerPoint slides used during their
workshops.
- Most people who document SDKs have learned on their own.

So, my fellow tech writer and I (yes, we have doubled the size of our
documentation team!) are going to dive in and hopefully put out something
acceptable. Again, thanks to all who responded to me.

Diane Evans
Information Developer
Lockstream, Inc.
425-709-6840 x 230

Ask for the moon, and settle for its reflection in the pond in your back
yard.

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/