Re: Landscape pages--Word to PDF

Subject: Re: Landscape pages--Word to PDF
From: Meg Halter <aiki4us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:33:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rick --

I assume that by "went portrait" you meant that the landscape
page is displayed in portrait orientation on the screen.

Keep in mind that I'm no expert on Acrobat. (I don't even play
one on TV!)

If your coworker is using Acrobat 5, PdfMaker is the macro that
controls conversion from Word to pdf. The settings that PdfMaker
uses depend on the joboptions file. Four of these are built in:
ebook, screen, print, and press. I don't remember which of these
is used by default.

If you open Acrobat > Change conversion settings, the "Settings"
tab should display. The "conversions settings:" box shows which
joboptions file is being used. Click the "Edit conversion
settings" button. In the resulting dialog box, make sure that
the "general" tab is selected. Check the box to the left of
"autorotate pages" to turn that feature on. In the dropdown box
to the right, select "Individually". Click "ok". If you are
working in one of the default joboptions files, a save dialog
box will pop up because you must save your custom settings to a
new joboptions file. That new file becomes your default.

Close the Acrobat settings file and convert your document.

In my docs, I have mostly portrait pages with a few landscape
pages and this setting has worked well.

Hope this helps.

-- Meg

Rick Henkel writes:

One of my co-workers just asked me why his landscape pages went
portrait when he converted his Word file to PDF.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/