newsletter in American and International English

Subject: newsletter in American and International English
From: "Jennifer O Neill" <jennifer -dot- oneill -at- village -dot- uunet -dot- be>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:14:35 +0200

I'm the editor of a newsletter for a voluntary association (I emailed the
list about how to figure out what goes where last August). I'm currently
preparing edition no. 3 but have a question. We receive articles in both
American and International English. I leave them in their original English.
So far no one has remarked. They're more interested in the content. The
audience is mainly European, most having English as a second language (but
fluent.) At work I work with three version of English (American,
International and Australian (International but with different technical
terms)) and don't mix them.

I'm not inclined to make the newsletter one English or the other since no
one minds. What do others in similar situations do?

Cheers,

Jennifer

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop. http://ieeepcs.org/2001