Re: Document "management" system (long)

Subject: Re: Document "management" system (long)
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:29:55 -0700

Dan Hall wrote:

We are currently looking for a commercial solution to automate this process. Ideally, new submissions would automatically be
added to the database and tracking of publication date, etc. would also be automated. The solution must be scalable to
multiple thousands of documents.

Have you had a look at Zope? It's an open source solution, and highly customizable. I'm nothing like an expert with it, but I've used Zope systems that have many of the features that you require.

Have a look at www.zope.com, especially the Products/CustomComponents page.

"None of all the magic hosts,
None remain but a few ghosts
Of timorous heart, to linger on