Linking in RoboHelp 2000

Subject: Linking in RoboHelp 2000
From: "Stephanie Webster" <swebster -at- ppipubs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:58:51 -0400

My coworker and I are creating a project in RoboHelp 2000 and am currently
having problems with hotspots. The problem started out that on both of our
systems (mine is Windows 2000; she has NT), when we created an image map -
create the hot spot on the image, select a topic, and then save, no link was
showing up in the compiled version.

Then it got even more complicated - When she tried to select the topic for
the hotspot - she got a Runtime error (which our IT guys guessed was from
the Word connection running from the server instead of her actual computer).
Well, now she has no more runtime error - but now, when she selects the
topic - the HotSpot Studio won't even appear.

On my system - I can create the hotspot, but when I save, close, and then
reopen - the hotspot no longer is there.

One further note: We created one successful hot spot at the very beginning
of the project - and it still works. I compared the coding and cannot see
any problems between the old and the newer tries for hotspot linking.

Any ideas for a solution to this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Webster
PPI Technical Communications
www.ppipubs.com
(440) 498-9254 ext. 151

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop. http://ieeepcs.org/2001